Numbers 6:24-26

"The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Philly Snow Daze...

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands."  
Psalm 19:1

January brought us the beginning of 2011 and also a LOT of snow!!!  Welcome to the North.  I'll have to say that the snow was beautiful in the beginning, but by February the thought of picking up a snow shovel one more time made me want to scream.  We are required to shovel the sidewalks in front of our houses here.  So with each batch of flurries came lots of shoveling, but looking on the bright side, that was my exercise for the day.  :)  Back "home" most everything shuts down with only the THOUGHT of frozen precipitation, but here in Philly life goes on.  The roads are ready for travel by 9a.m., so school is usually in session with delays.  We did get a couple of "snow days" off from school.




I told everyone here that this "Mississippi Girl" doesn't drive in the snow.  :)  And for the most part, I never had to drive in conditions that made me nervous.... thank you, Chase!!!  There was one morning when Chase was out of town, and school had been delayed.  I was trying to be a "big girl" and drive MH to school.  I was having to pep myself up for it.  So I get everyone bundled up to go, and as soon as we stepped outside I could hear a man yelling.  Hmmmm.... I couldn't see anything for the first minute and then I looked over so see a car being pulled up the hill.  "Should I or shouldn't I?"  Once again, came the internal pep-talks.  We drove REALLY slow... got half-way there and turned around.  I emailed the teacher to let her know MH wouldn't be there because her mother chickened-out.  Mrs. McCann congratulated me for making a wise decision because they were dismissing school early.  That would have REALLY put me in a fit if I had gotten her there, and had to turn around to come right back... being a "chicken" paid off that day!

But with the snow came a lot of fun memories...


Our first batch of Philly Snow Ice Cream.  (Can't remember why Lizzie is pouting?)





Sledding with our neighbors.

And we built our first Philly Snowman...








No comments:

Post a Comment