“…but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.”
Philippians 3:14
Yes, it is an odd feeling celebrating the "last day of school" in JUNE!!! I cannot believe this school year is over... time really has flown by. Another year completed!
This time last year, we were beginning the moving journey -- trying to sell our MS home and searching for a house in PA. I remember our MS house still on the market, and Chase nervous about moving without it being sold. Should we go without it sold??? It was a very legitimate concern, but then some wise counsel came from a dear friend... "You need to go in FAITH and not FEAR." We truly believed this, but now we had to really DO it... Yikes!!!
This time last year, we were beginning the moving journey -- trying to sell our MS home and searching for a house in PA. I remember our MS house still on the market, and Chase nervous about moving without it being sold. Should we go without it sold??? It was a very legitimate concern, but then some wise counsel came from a dear friend... "You need to go in FAITH and not FEAR." We truly believed this, but now we had to really DO it... Yikes!!!
It was last June that Chase and I flew to Philadelphia in a panic trying to find a house. We came back to MS empty-handed. We then made the decision to rent an apartment until we found a house. Okay, and when I say an apartment, let me add it was a TWO bedroom apartment... yes two bedrooms for a family of FIVE. I'm laughing as I think back to those two months we lived in the apartment. It sounds unbearable, but it really was fun. The month before we moved we had been to the beach on our annual vacation with friends -- in a condo. So when we moved into the apartment, I think Charlie thought we were still on "vacation." The whole time we were in the apartment he would say, "Mama, I want to go hoooome." (It did break my heart a little.) The feel of the apartment was too similar to the condo... minus a couple of bedrooms. :) But, literally, the day we moved into our PA home, I never heard those words from him again.
God was faithful... AGAIN! (This is something that has been revealed to me a LOT lately.) Our MS house sold before we left, so that pressure was taken off. Within a week of being in Philly, we found our house, and we moved-in September 1, the week before school started. We survived a year of seminary, a year of kindergarten and most importantly, a winter in Philadelphia!!! We have ALL grown so very much and have loved every day of it... even shoveling the snow. :) We are looking forward to our trip back South this summer. It's not too far away... yay!!!
This is MH on her first and last day of kindergarten....
These are some pics from Charlie and Lizzie's closing program at school...
Lizzie "graduated" and will be with MH at PMCA next year.
![]() |
| She "bee-bopped" across the stage. |
![]() |
| Waving to all her many fans... |
![]() |
| "Look at me. I'm a star!" |
![]() |
| She's a "big girl" but still has to have that thumb from time to time. |
| This was Lizzie's Art Show "write-up" at school. |









No comments:
Post a Comment