“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.”
Galatians 5:22-23
Our beloved "Nonnie" has gone to be with the Lord. She lived a full life... Nonnie would have celebrated her 90th birthday in September!!! Thinking of her in heaven makes me smile. I can just imagine her dancing to some Pete Fountain Jazz music...probably in her sneakers. :) I loved seeing her in those tennis shoes. She was such the sporty great-grandmother in them!
She LOVED the Lord & her family more than anything!
She had much JOY.
She was soothing, calming, GENTLE & had such a PEACEFUL spirit about her.
I think everyone who knew her would say she was such a sweet lady. That sweetness came from her KIND & GOOD heart.
Her FAITHFUL prayers were a testament to us all!
These photos were taken Christmas...
Our memories of Nonnie...
Nonnie had the BEST giggle I think I've ever heard! It was contagious.
The kids loved her candy jar.
She never let me enter her house without sitting down to have something to eat or drink.
The kids loved her candy jar.
She never let me enter her house without sitting down to have something to eat or drink.
She loved reading!
Nonnie had a sweet little hum...it was very distinctive.
She was a Pete Fountain jazz groupie. (I had NO idea who he was until Nonnie. I still really don't know who he is, but I know she LOVED to go see him play.)
Mary Hayes' memory is playing with her collection of thimbles...she would take them out of the cabinet & sit and play with them all by herself...like they were little toy figurines.
Nonnie ALWAYS loved me as I was one of her very own grandchildren!
(I loved her in the same way.)
Nonnie had a sweet little hum...it was very distinctive.
She was a Pete Fountain jazz groupie. (I had NO idea who he was until Nonnie. I still really don't know who he is, but I know she LOVED to go see him play.)
Mary Hayes' memory is playing with her collection of thimbles...she would take them out of the cabinet & sit and play with them all by herself...like they were little toy figurines.
Nonnie ALWAYS loved me as I was one of her very own grandchildren!
(I loved her in the same way.)
It was such blessing being able to tell the kids that Nonnie was not sick in the hospital anymore, but now she was in heaven. Being able to say it in that way seems to take so much of the sadness out of the reality that she's no longer here with us. The thought of her in heaven with God, our Father, and Jesus Christ was a comfort to Mary Hayes, Lizzie, and Charlie. Instead of thinking Nonnie died.... we can say she is alive in heaven!
Because the kids and I were not able to travel to MS for the funeral, Jen asked that they draw Nonnie one last picture. It was fun to hear what each child said about Nonnie. Mary Hayes' artwork is quoted from a part of her bedtime prayer last night.
Mary Hayes asked if Nonnie would be taking these (their artwork) with her to heaven. I told her I bet Nonnie would have these framed and on display for all her heavenly friends and family to see.
Mary Hayes asked if Nonnie would be taking these (their artwork) with her to heaven. I told her I bet Nonnie would have these framed and on display for all her heavenly friends and family to see.






No comments:
Post a Comment